Tuesday 26 November 2013

My first...MAC Lipstick! Plus a guide to MAC lipstick finishes!

Hey guys!

So the other day I decided to take the plunge and purchase my first ever MAC lipstick. Now, these lippys are on the pricey side at £15 each, however they are adored by women the world over and they come in a staggering 139 shades! I already have the perfect red (Rimmel 'Alarm') and the perfect nude (Collection 'Satin Bow') so I though I'd live life on the wild side and get myself a bright orange!



So I went for Morange - a bright orange in their 'Amplified' collection. This isn't actually the first one I bought, as the original was already broken when I bought it :( but I took it back and they were very good about exchanging it for me. 

Click the photo if you're viewing this on Bloglovin' ;)

There are several collections in the MAC lipstick range, and here's a quick guide to each of the different finishes:

- Amplified creme: (this is the type I bought!) these are opaque and less drying than the matte lipsticks and have a creamy finish to them 

- Cremesheen: these are deliciously creamy and glossy and are usually nude colours

- Frost: many people don't like this finish and I'm not a huge fan myself. These lipsticks are really shimmery which I think is what scares people off, but if you like them then rock it girl!

- Glaze: this is the smallest range of lipsticks from MAC and these are quite sheer, but provide a nice natural glossy finish (and the name reminds me of glazed donuts - yum!) 

- Lustre: these are similar to the glaze lipsticks but there is a wider range of colours 

- Matte: these are quite drying I've heard but who doesn't love a matte lipstick? (Tip! apply any lipstick then put a tissue over your lips and use a brush to apply normal setting powder to the tissue and it'll come through the tissue and make any lipstick matte and longer lasting!)

- Retro matte: these lipsticks are bright with a capital B! They have a matte finish (obviously) and are long lasting too!

- Satin: similar to the matte lipsticks but with a very slight gloss

So there we have it. I'm £15 out of pocket but sporting a bright orange smile! Ooo as a side note, if you take back 6 MAC containers to their store, they reward you with a free lipstick! So if you're low of cash this close to christmas and have some old MAC containers or pots lying around then make a trip to one of their stores!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, I certainly enjoyed writing it! 

Thanks, 

Sophie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment