Monday 28 October 2013

My new favourite food - Cauliflower Rice!

So I just wanted to dedicate a whole blog post to my new favourite food item - cauliflower rice! I discovered this about a year ago in a WeightWatchers magazine but only tried it a few months ago. Strictly speaking its not really 'rice' as such but it's usually eaten as a substitute for rice. 



(In the photo I've made myself a vegetable concoction with courgette, onion, carrots, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes and garlic and then I've teamed it with the cauliflower rice. This is such a nice hearty warming winter dish thats healthy and nutritious too!) 


To make this all you have to do is grate up raw cauliflower. It takes some time but if you have a food processor then you're laughing. (If you're doing it by hand then grate the outside of the florets first i.e. hold the stalk). You need about a 1/4 of a large cauliflower for 2 people. Once it's all grated then put it in a bowl (here I add a pinch of Maldon salt) and microwave it on full power for 2 minutes. Then it's done! Its fast, easy AND healthy! 

FYI all I did with the other vegetables was fry them in a teaspoon of olive oil and then after about 3-4 mins I added the chopped tomatoes and let it simmer for 5-10 mins while I made the cauliflower rice. 

Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this blog post, 

Sophie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment