Monday 28 October 2013

Feeling Autumnal!

So this weekend my boyfriend and I did the most autumnal thing I've done so far this year - we carved pumpkins! (Actually, that's not the MOST autumnal thing I've done as I had a pumpkin spice latte today in Starbucks..) Anyway, I wanted to share with you some photos of our creations!

These little orange beauties were only £1 from Lidl! What a bargain! Bigger ones are available from the supermarket but I thought these were just so cute!

Pumpkin carving tips:
  • Use SHARP knifes
  • Be super careful!
  • Lines are much easier to cut than curves
  • Draw an outline in pen first (this is the first year I've done this and my design looks so much more in proportion to previous years!)
  • Get as much of the stringy stuff out before you start
  • Make sure you have tea lights to put in (this is a major disappointment if you carve a fantastic pumpkin then cant find any candles)
  • Cut quite a lot of the 'face' out - you're going to need oxygen to get to the flame in the candle and in my boyfriend's one you can see that the mouth is just a narrow line - this meant that not enough oxygen could get to the flame and so the candle kept going out
  • Enjoy - and tag me in any photos you put up of your pumpkins this season on instagram, facebook, pinterest, tumblr or twitter #sophiespotlights
Enjoy! And happy autumn!

Sophie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment