Wednesday 16 October 2013

Uni room advice! :)

Hey Guys!

So, if you watch my YouTube videos you will know that I recently moved back to uni and into a new house! (p.s. if you don’t watch my videos then please check them out :p). I ended up with the biggest room (woohoo) but sometimes I think bigger rooms can be harder to decorate than smaller ones! Anyway, my parents came up and helped me organise my room (and do a lot of the heavy lifting) and I thought I would share some of my ideas for decorating uni rooms!

1) Storage is a biggie!! I’ve found the more storage space the better – also, the more stuff you can put away, the tidier your room looks! The best ‘storage’ buy I’ve made was this Kilby bookcase from IKEA. It was £25 and holds so much stuff! I mainly needed it for my textbooks but I’ve tried to make it pretty with some candles, stuffed toys and fairy lights. ------>


2) Think practicality! In 1st year I bought a chest of drawers as we hardly had any space for clothes and I’ve kept it with me. This year though my room already had drawers and rather than take up more floor space, I stacked the drawers on top of each other! They aren’t completely matching but I think it kind of works and putting a couple of photo frames on top makes it more homely! (I have blocked out the photos as there are multiple people in them that may not want themselves on the internet)
      <-------


3) Cleanliness! I love clear, clean surfaces so keep most of my stuff in drawers or on my bookcase so my desk and windowsill are pretty much clear. This makes it easier to wipe clean without having to move everything and also makes your room appear tidier when everything is packed away.

4) Home comforts! Whether it’s a rug, photo frames, stuffed toys or posters I think its important to make your room comforting and maybe a reminder of home too. My room has accents of red because that’s the theme of our living space at home J

Ok, so to make sure this post isn’t super duper long, I’m gonna stop there however check back again for the next post in this area (about bathroom storage). Thanks for reading – write in the comments if you have any hints or tips for anyone else 

Have a great day,

Sophie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment