Friday 28 March 2014

The BEST Body Butter!

Hello lovelies! 

So I simply HAD to write a blog post about my latest beauty find! I'm sure every person reading this has used a body butter or at least a moisturiser once or twice - heck I've tried loads! But they all produce the same sort of result for me - short lasting moisturisation often with a sticky residue. Sure, some have been better than others but none have really stood out and I have NEVER repurchased any particular one. 


But things have changed! For my birthday last month my parents gave me, amongst many other generous gifts, the Strawberry Shower, Scrub & Soften Luxury Gift set from The Body Shop and oh my days the Strawberry Body Butter is INCREDIBLE! Never before have I felt such long lasting moisturisation without that sticky, gel-like feel! It makes my skin luxuriously soft and no word of a lie it lasts a good 24 hours! Now I totally sound like some paid promotor of this product but I'm honestly not! (Although I wish I was - hint hint Body Shop ;) 





The smell of this butter is intense and it lasts for as long as it keeps your skin supple (in my experience at least 24 hours) so be sure to choose a smell that you like! The strawberry scent is lovely and when combined with the strawberry body wash that I also received in the set I now smell of strawberries all the time. The only downside is that I connected the scent to that of Calpol (I literally don't know why as no-one else I've mentioned this to believes the connection) and now I can't get that out of my head! 


The body butter comes in Cocoa Butter, Coconut, Coconut Shimmer, Hemp, Moringa, Olive, Pink Grapefruit, Satsuma, Shea, Strawberry, Vitamin E and White Musk although I've only tried the Strawberry so I can't vouch for any of the others - yet! I've got my eye on Cocoa Butter though and the way I'm getting through the Strawberry it won't be long before I get to try it! The staff at all the Body Shop stores I've been to are delightfully friendly and helpful and there are always testers out for pretty much everything so go and try them out to see what you fancy! 


The consistency of this butter is deliciously thick but it glides on the skin beautifully and a little goes a long way! It leaves absolutely no residue and honestly keeps your skin supple for hours (okay I'll stop banging on about that now). 


The Body Shop retails these butters for £13 but they are frequently on offer in store and online. Even though I think these are amazing (as you now know), I think £13 is a bit pricey for any body butter personally, so I'm going to wait until they are on offer again and then buy a few! 


Let me know if you've tried these butters and what you think!


Thanks for reading, 


Soph xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment