Saturday 29 March 2014

Spritz!!



Hello lovelies!

Today I'm writing about something a bit different to my usual content. I recently heard about a new technology called Spritz which condenses the time it takes to read text by flashing up the words on top of each other rather than side by side. This reduces the amount of time your eye spends moving along to the next word and therefore reduces the time it takes to read. You have to 'practise' this new style of reading a bit to get used to it (give it a go: click here!) but its cleverly based on finding the centre point of the word and lining that up with the following word. 


Spritz has been developed but is currently waiting on developers to take forward the technology but hopefully it will be available soon! 


I know some people won't like this new way of reading, after all there's nothing like picking up a good book, however I think the real niche where this technology could prosper would be for textbooks and maybe even journal articles or papers! Imagine how much quicker it would be to read through a chapter of a textbook using Spritz! One of the major time constraints I find at uni is reading through loads of journal articles just to find out they aren't relevant to the topic I'm writing about but with Spritz, that would become a whole lot quicker (and easier!). 


I don't think this will ever replace the relaxing act of leisurely reading, at least not for me, but it paves the way for future technologies and I'm a massive fan of that! 


Thanks for reading, I know this is a bit different to normal, but I hope you enjoyed it! Check out the Spritz website here to find out more :)  


Soph xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment